Banner2014_01 Home - starting place and general lodge information! Banner2014_03 Go to the Orange Coast District Elks site! Banner2014_05 Go to the CHEA site! Banner2014_07 Go to the Grand Lodge site! Banner2014_09
All American Lodge Winner!
Elks of Orange In Our Community
Join us on Facebook!
Donate to ENF!
Donate to ENF!
Latest Posts:
~~4-26-2024 Youth Achievement Awards ~~~~4-21-2024 Welcome Martin Corrales! ~~~~4-18-2024 Welcome Don Brennan! ~~~~4-14-2024 Handy Elementary School Donation ~~~~4-14-2024 Orange Elks Emblem Club Easter Baskets ~~

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Orange Elks and Make-A-Wish< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Bill Neessen
Elk of the Year, POY, Public Relations Chairman
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2024,9:26 am   Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Make-A-Wish mission is to grant the wishes of children with life- threatening medical conditions.
The local Make-A-Wish Chapter was established in 1983 and has granted nearly 8,000 wishes.  
Survey of both parents and medical professionals indicate that experiencing a wish significantly improves the emotional health of their child and of the entire family.  
Wishes can be:
I wish to be... a police officer  
I wish to meet... Mike Trout
I wish to go... Disneyland.
I wish to have... a shopping adventure
The Orange Elks made a $5,000 donation to Make-A-Wish.
The lodge met Zach Mauldin, a Make-A-Wish recipient. Zach was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. He told the story of his treatment for the disease. Zach is a senior at Canyon High School, he earned the rank of Eagle in the Boy Scouts and is a baseball fan. His Eagle project was to build a Hope Chest with board games for Make-A-Wish. The Hope Chest enabled Make-A-Wish to take to their events.
Zachs Make-A-Wish was to meet Mike Trout. Zach and his family were picked up in a limo, given a stadium tour and then met Mike Trout. During the meeting he was able to meet Shohei Ohtani.

L ? R
Zach?s parents, John and Janice Mauldin, E R Janine Storm, Kathy Perrea, Make-A-Wish, Zach, Orange Elks Matt Ferrero and Terri Schatz

Attached Image
Attached Image

Profile CONTACT Search for posts by this member.
0 replies since Mar. 18 2024,9:26 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

Elks Care - Elks Share

eXTReMe Tracker